After a tooth is lost and replaced, there may be many problems with chewing and even speaking. One way to treat this condition is to use dental implants.

Dental implants are one of the dental treatments that replace natural lost teeth. Although artificial implants are completely inanimate structures, they are strong enough to chew food and other conditions. And it looks exactly like a healthy, natural tooth that does a good job of chewing.

An implant is a method of treatment in which a small piece of a prosthesis (usually made of titanium) is inserted into the jawbone and acts as a tooth.

Implants implanted in bone are usually compatible with bone and oral cells. And it does not interfere with their work. The implant is filled with crowns and veneers to create a shape that looks exactly like a tooth.

In short, dental implants are the most successful way to replace teeth in people who have lost their natural teeth. All implants work in a similar way to the tooth root and facilitate chewing.

Unlike removable dentures, implants are not a problem for speaking and eating. Because they are firmly fixed in the person’s jaw.

The person should first be examined by a dentist and the structures of his mouth, teeth and jaw carefully evaluated. Once it is determined that the person has no problems with oral structures (such as gum infection, etc.), the dentist chooses the type of implant for him according to the person’s condition. The type of prosthesis implanted in the jaw will be different and may be fixed or removable.

It seems that for the following reasons, the inclination to dental implants is increasing among different people:

This method is the latest solution to replace missing natural teeth.

It is permanently placed in your jaw and maintains its efficiency for the rest of its life.

Increases the self-confidence of middle-aged and elderly people.

Helps with speech.

Dental implants are considered to be a good advantage and support for adjacent teeth.

Increase chewing power.

More beautiful teeth and smile design.

High success rate of dental implants (approximately 97%).

According to official reports from reliable sources, the success rate of dental implants in different people is about 97%. About the remaining 3%, instead of the implant being attached to the bone graft tissue, is attached to the gums, which must be re-implanted.

To do this, you usually have to wait long enough for the bone tissue of the face and jaws to develop and end their growth. The age of completion of facial bone growth is usually 18 years.

If an implant is made before this age, the size of the implanted tooth will be smaller due to the growth of the jaw. And it has to be replaced again. However, after the age of 18, there are no special restrictions on implant placement, and this can be done at any age.

The best time to do this is after tooth extraction. But its duration can be different.

The best time for implantation of mandibular teeth is 2 to 3 months after extraction and for maxillary teeth 4 to 5 months after extraction.

One of the most significant side effects of this is swelling at the implant site. Of course, it decreases two to three days after the operation and disappears within the next 5 days after the operation.

Bruising of the lips

Facial and lip anesthesia

Minor bleeding

Consider the following after implant placement:

Avoid coffee, cigarettes and alcohol for 3 to 7 days after implant placement.

Take all medications prescribed by your dentist on time.

Do not brush the implant site for at least one day after surgery

Try not to rinse your mouth for at least 8 hours after the operation

Use mouthwashes regularly

Never spit out saliva to prevent bleeding.

The cost of buying and installing dental implants is usually higher than other dental services. And this is natural because both the parts are expensive and the process is more difficult and time-consuming.

Most of all the money you spend on your implant is used directly to buy and use the materials needed. And it is natural that the more specialized the treatment process, the higher the costs will be in any case.

When planting these pieces, try not to be deceived by media advertisements, and it is better to see a specialist dentist to know the final costs.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *